Friday, June 26, 2009

5, 4, 3, 2, 1...Michael!


After hosting Greenleaf's dinner party last night, we head out to Roscoe's for a few more cocktails and some boogie woogie. During dinner we took a moment to reflect on how amazing Michael Jackson was as an artist and how saddened we were with his loss. It still feels unreal to me. The very first post of this blog is titled "Gonna be starting something" because that's the song I was listening at the time. And as for last night at Roscoe's, as it approached 2am and the DJ called for last call, he gifted us with an amazing remix of Thriller. The crowd went crazy and I even saw some girls next to me tearing up. That was when I told my friends that on the count of 5 we were going to start screaming Michael. And so we did.And so did the whole crowd. It gave me the chills. Michael may God bless all of your family and fans in this very sad moment of our lives. You were truly one of the few that truly mattered.
(Picture courtesy of http://www.flawlesshustle.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/01/michael_jackson1.jpg).

No comments:

Post a Comment