Monday, August 3, 2009

Just like a good aged whisky...

Certain things only get better with time. And that applies to people too. At least a few of us. Last Sunday I came across two very distinct ladies that despite their age were still confident with their own selves, and taught me that there are some things in life that will only come with time. The first lady was wearing a beautiful vintage safari style khaki jacket, and given her elegance, I assumed it was an YSL jacket. Well, I was wrong as the jacket is Ralph Lauren. However I thought it was very precious when this lady turned to her granddaughter and explained the origins of the argyle print. ( I was wearing a heather gray v-neck argyle cashmere sweater). And later on the same day another lady, who was interested in buying a new necklace, was telling me on how all of her vintage jewelry from Bergdoff was set aside for her grandchildren. And she continues: "I know when the time comes for them to wear it they will have enough appreciation for it." ( In the video Coco Chanel giving an interview, circa 1970.)

No comments:

Post a Comment